PPA Webinar Series Resumes October 3
The 2023 PPA webinar series will resume tomorrow (October 3) at 9:00 AM! Take advantage of free webinars hosted by the PPA throughout the year. Presenters include industry experts and government agency partners who cover a wide range of topics impacting your business.
October Webinar: How Energy Marketers are Meeting Today’s Challenges
October 3 at 9:00 AM
Presented by: Marty Kirshner, Gray, Gray & Gray, LLP
Overview: Heating oil and propane dealers across Pennsylvania and throughout the country are battling a mounting array of steep challenges to keep their companies functioning and profitable. Yet many are succeeding, managing their way through economic uncertainty, technological threats, and a persistent scarcity of reliable workers. How are these energy marketers making it work?
Calling on data generated from Gray, Gray & Gray’s 2023 Energy Industry Survey, nationally recognized management advisor Marty Kirshner will address the most pressing issues facing energy businesses, the impact they are having on dealers, and how successful leaders are helping their companies thrive despite the headwinds.
• How dealers are working around staffing shortages
• What is being done to minimize the impact of inflation
• How technology is being used to streamline operations
• Ways the push for electrification is impacting strategic planning and the need to diversify
• What energy leaders are doing to defend against cyberattack
November Webinar: Rack Supply Contracts – What You Need to Know
November 7 at 10:00 AM
Presented by: Scott Berhang, Argus Media Inc.
Supply contracts are becoming more common in the industry. This webinar will be a great refresher for seasoned buyers and a helpful foundation for people within your organization who have less experience with the fuel markets. The presentation will cover the following strategies to assist your team in fuel purchasing decisions.
- Ratability – what it is, and how to use it to your advantage in negotiating contracts
- Multiple Racks – if you include multiple racks in your contract, be aware of restrictions
- Over / Under Lifting – what the penalties can be
- The Actual Contract – what MUST be in the agreement
- Contract Price Points – especially important if your members buy on a index (spot price) basis
- Sample Formulas – Low 2, Low 3, Strips