Drug And Alcohol Clearinghouse Registration For Student Drivers

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has updated the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse registration process to clarify how student drivers with a commercial driver’s license or commercial learner’s permit will register.

Student drivers who are employed by a motor carrier must register as a driver (download instructions).

Student drivers in a training program that is not affiliated with or operated by a motor carrier must register as a student driver (download instructions). This allows these individuals to designate a consortium/third-party administration (C/TPA), which is required to fulfill their drug and alcohol testing requirements

Employers of CDL holders are required to register in the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse, and to conduct queries on CDL holders they currently employ or are considering hiring.

Employers who are not registered with the FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse may use the interactive Employer Registration Guide to register.

TAP HERE for all articles in September 20 EXPRESS Update